The Credit Union Difference
The credit union difference is all about making a difference. Skeptical? Good. It’s always better to rely on the facts so here are a few to get you thinking.
- Last year credit union members nationwide collectively saved a staggering $12.3 billion (no, that’s not a typo) by choosing to become a member of their local credit union instead of a customer of one of those big national banks.
- At SBCU, we believe we all need to place people and purpose over profits. We know we can uplift our South Bay community by empowering members to LIVE better and DO better.
- Unlike big banks which typically have shareholders who divide up the earnings. SBCU returns its earnings to our members in the form of better rates and lower fees that save you money.
In case you aren’t convinced, here are a few more facts:
- SBCU offers a wealth of convenience with three centrally located branches in the South Bay.
- Credit unions cooperate together – our members have access to a network of 28,000 varying credit union ATMs available free-of-charge where they can take care of business while away from home.
- SBCU offers online banking and bill pay and a mobile banking app so you can take care of business on the go.
All of those facts create a compelling case for switching to SBCU. But if they were all you considered you would miss the key difference that we are most proud of and our members truly appreciate. What is it? It’s our people.
- Our branch employees who go out of their way to get to know you personally so they can serve you better.
- Our volunteer, member-run board keep SBCU focused on delivering the kind of service you simply won’t get at a large national bank.