SBCU Supervisory Committee
Your Supervisory Committee is an oversight committee comprised of three volunteers who are each elected to three-year terms by the general membership. The Committee’s responsibilities include:
- Monitoring board and management activities
- Providing for financial statement audits
- Conducting annual member account verification
- Verifying compliance with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Monitoring the internal control environment
Committee members fulfill these responsibilities by:
- Periodically meeting with the internal auditor
- Meeting periodically with regulatory examiners and financial statement auditors
- Reviewing management reports
- Attending periodic training seminars
Please contact us if you have questions, comments or concerns about your account or the credit union’s operations, you should first contact the credit union directly via e-mail at SBCU@southbaycu.com. However, in the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with the response, you can appeal the matter to the Supervisory Committee which will conduct an additional, independent review. Supervisory Committee correspondence ONLY should be mailed to the following address: The Supervisory Committee, South Bay Credit Union, 312 N Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach, CA 90277.
Meet Our Volunteers
South Bay Credit Union is guided by an all-member, volunteer Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee elected by the membership. These non-paid volunteers govern Credit Union policy and a professional Management team oversees daily operations.
How to Apply to Volunteer
Apply for a volunteer position
We believe that every volunteer helps to make South Bay Credit Union a quality institution for our members and community. Applications to be considered for the Annual Meeting are due by February 28th; however, we accept applications anytime. Please complete the application and we will contact you shortly. Find out more about our current nominees here.