It’s a “tale as old as time.”
Announcing the Jerry Gaines 2023 Scholarship
In honor of our former board member Jerry Gaines, South Bay Credit Union is proud to announce the 2023 Jerry Gaines Scholarship. Jerry served as a volunteer for 41 years, and his vision, dedication, and advocacy on behalf of the credit union has impacted thousands of members. To honor his service, we created The Jerry Gaines Scholarship to help fulfill his dream of making higher education accessible for all students.
Ten for one thousand
Ten (10) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded.
To qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Student and/or their parent/guardian, is a SBCU member in good standing
- Student must be age 21 or younger and actively enrolled or plan to enroll in undergraduate college courses within the calendar year.
- Minimum overall cumulative grade point average of 3.5 out of a possible 4.0
What we’ll need to send your scholastics soaring
- Completed application including a 300-500 word personal essay
- You should address in your essay your college goals and choice of major, what you intend to do with your education, and why a scholarship is important to you. Include any academic and non-academic accomplishments, personal characteristics, or experiences that make you uniquely worthy of scholarship consideration.
- Official copy of high school or college transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
To apply by mail please postmark your application package by April 10 to:
South Bay Credit Union- Jerry Gaines Scholarship Committee
312 N Pacific Coast Hwy., Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Please email your questions to email@example.com. Winners will be selected on April 28, 2023. Scholarships will be presented in May.