A South Bay Credit Union Debit Card offers a safer, convenient way to access and manage your money.
How It Works
With your Debit Card, you can access money at ATMs, shop online and make purchases:
- Use your debit card at the ATM – You get all the capabilities of an ATM card — get cash and transfer funds from any account linked to your debit card, and make deposits at ATMs. For added convenience, we have leveraged the credit union network with 30,000 ATMs across the nation and a few locations overseas to bring you fee-free access. Download the CO-OP APP for access to our 30,000 FREE ATMs and 9,000 Deposit-taking ATMs. For iPhone or Android.
- Use your debit card for purchases – Use your card to make everyday purchases and pay bills worldwide at participating retailers and service providers – including online or by phone. The money will come out of your primary linked checking account.
- Use your debit card for purchases using your mobile device – Instead of using your physical plastic card to make purchases, you can pay with your smartphone or tablet at participating retailers and service providers.
Types of Debit Cards
- Debit Card – Customers with an eligible checking account can make everyday purchases using their debit card worldwide at participating retailers and service providers – including online or by phone. Pay with confidence knowing your Debit Card comes with many protection features and is a safer way to pay.
- Instant Issue Debit Card – Whether you’ve just opened an account or your debit card has been lost or stolen, an Instant Issue Debit Card provides instant access to your account. Instant Issue Debit Cards are only available at branch locations during regular service hours.
Powerful Protection Services
- Zero Liability – Your Debit Card comes with Zero Liability protection at no extra cost. Please review the account disclosure for details. In general: you won’t be liable for promptly reported unauthorized purchases or ATM transactions; we help prevent unauthorized transactions by regularly reviewing your accounts for unusual activity 24/7; expert help is just a phone call away if your financial information is compromised or stolen; we’ll provide the information and assistance to help you get your account back on track.
- Chip Technology – Debit Cards are now available with a chip on the front of the card as well as the traditional magnetic stripe on the back. The chip provides added security because it is extremely difficult to counterfeit or copy when used at a chip-enabled terminal or ATM, and does not store any personal information. Many countries worldwide have adopted chip technology, and it will become the standard for card payments in the U.S. If a merchant or ATM has not yet adopted chip technology, your transaction will be processed using the magnetic stripe on the back as it is today.
- eAlerts – When you sign up for ATM/debit card alerts, it’s easy to stay informed about activity on your card. You can set up alerts through It’s Me 247 or under the Info Center in your mobile app.
- Card Controls – Manage My Cards gives you the ability to turn cards on/off, check your card status, see current balances, and report a lost or stolen card. Now you can control your South Bay Credit Union debit an credit card just like the “Freeze It” from Discover commercials. Available now under the More options in your South Bay Credit Union Mobile app
- MasterCard Secured Activation – Mastercard SecureCode is a private code for your Mastercard account that gives you an additional layer of online shopping security. Only you and your financial institution know what your code is — merchants aren’t able to see it. Available online or click here for more information.
- Personalized PINs – When you first activate your card, you will be prompted to select a personalized PIN. If you forget your PIN, you will need to contact us to reset the PIN number.
- Card orders- Choose your card design, and place your debit card order here